Possible memory leak using 2nd monitor

Description of the issue:
in v. 1.8.96 computer running windows 10 Home would frequently BSOD with memory management error.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Finally pinned down the sequence causing this. Brave was being run on 2 different tabs on 2 different monitors, primary laptop and external 27" monitor. Anywhere from an hour to several hours, watching windows task manager, the memory usage for Brave would climb and exceed 2gb with no reductions. When I only ran brave with 1 or more tabs on the primary monitor only, the was no BSOD after days of usage. I changed between HDMI and VGA connections to the monitor and made no difference. BSOD still occurred.

edit 05.16.20
I have found watching video using Adobe Flash during this time dramatically increases memory usage and is not released until that tab is closed. Computer eventually just max’s out of memory and crashes.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
reproduces frequenty.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Home x64

Additional Information:

I hawe this problem on my app, for 2|3 mons and I have changed mobile and in this moment I have the new p40lite

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.