Popups appear during hover

I’m using my chromebook and the Brave browser. I frequently get popups that appear when I hover over a link. I want to use Brave, but I won’t switch over until I can find a solution to fix this problem. Is there a way to stop this?

1 Like

Can you try steps mentioned here Pop-up window when hover over tabs?

Thanks

Here are some details of my chromebook:
Operating System
Android 7.1.1; Acer Chromebook 15(CB3-532) Build/R79-12607.81.0

Application version
Brave 1.5.6 Chromium 80.0.3987.99

Before any attempts of fixing the problem, I uninstalled Brave and reinstalled it.

brave://flags is not an option
chrome://flags opens up the seetings

Within chrome://flags #tab-hover-cards is not an option. The only option I see with the search term ’ hover’ is #update-hover-at-begin-frame

I have Brave on my Iphone. It works great.

Ken

No solution to unwanted popups in Brave?

I chime in to add my voice to this topic.
BAT on Chromebook has become better, and sort of useful, but the rollover popup messes up the experience. It will also auto highlight a word when you stopp scrolling, which I belive is part of the same problem.
So, my experience is that you still have to be hard core fan to use Brave on chromebook.

I’m using
Brave 1.5.7, Chromium 80.0.3987.119
Chromebook 79.0.3945.119

BTW, typing brave://flags open search engine…? :thinking:

EDIT
found it, on android devices: chrome://flags
but there are no menu named #tab-hover-cards

I echo your experience with the flags.

I have found a solution if you are willing to use Linux within Chromebook. Ditch the Brave version that you have from the Google Play Store and install Brave from within the Linux terminal.

Please see: https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html
Copy into the clipboard everything you see in the ‘gray’ area under the heading: Debian 9+, Ubuntu 14.04+ and Mint 17+
Paste it all into the terminal and answer any prompts you see with defaults, “Y” or Enter,

When I use Brave within Linux under Chromebook, it is a bit sluggish, however there are many more options in the the settings. I now can use extensions to add my password manager. There is an option to cast my screen but no sources appear :frowning:

Please continue to tell me your experiences with Brave. I use it on my iPhone. It works great. I wish I could have it cast videos like Chrome but it can’t.

1 Like

This is what constantly pops up up on my Brave browser on Chromebook.
Any plans of fixing this? Comments by the development team?

1 Like

Ah! Got it. I’m sorry @ken8, I misunderstood your original post. :pensive:

Those menu is (more or less) similar to “right-click” menu on desktop version. On mobile (Android), you’ll get those menu when you tap+hold link/image.

Not sure why it’s appears on hover.

Correct.

It is not a pleasant experience to use Brave in my chromebook either downloaded through the PlayStore or through Linux within Chromebook. :frowning:

Can anyone who has a chromebook help me?
Using Brave through linux in Chromebook is sluggish (slow).
Using Brave through what retrieved through Playstore has too many popups?

@ken8,
I believe that the reason it’s sluggish is because it’s not been optimized for Chromebook and you’re essentially running the mobile version of the browser. This is a known issue and may be aided by a change to the Android code base we’re making very soon, which will unify our desktop/android browser code bases.

1 Like

I’m anxiously awaiting the update and crossing my fingers. Tnx.