Pinned Top Site that becomes "unpinned"

After using Brave for many months now on my Windows 10 PC, in the past week I have had a problem with one of my pinned Top Sites on a new tab page (nbcnews.com) becoming mysteriously unpinned. This has happened twice now and neither instance was a case of me accidentally ticking the pin to release it. Rather, it’s been that the web site has disappeared entirely from the Top Sites selection when Brave is booted up at the start of a new session (and that alone is odd since you’d think that as often as I went to that site while pinned, it would remain a Top Site even if unpinned).

[ADDED LATER] And then it magically re-appears, in the same place it once occupied and still with the pin activated. What is going on here?

1 Like

I have seen the same problem with the latest version of Brave under OS X.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. Except when my site appears again it is unpinned. I have repinned the same site at least 1/2 a dozen times. Why is it being unpinned?!?!?

So nobody with Brave wants to tackle this?!? In my case, i am using Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

The only site I have pinned (over a dozen times) is tundras.com. I don’t even have to restart Brave for it to disappear, and when it reappears it is no longer pinned. This is happening on two different Win 10 systems and it is very annoying.

BRAVE, either FIX this or remove this non-working feature!

1 Like

I have the same problem. I pin reddit and then it disappears, replaced with a pinned Youtube. I unpin youtube and delete it and then a few tabs later reddit reappears. I pin it and then a few tabs later it has been replaced by a pinned youtube.

Super annoying. All my other pinned sites stay fine, it’s just the last one.

And I wouldn’t mind a pinned youtube, but I’d prefer Reddit and since you can’t manually decide how many pinned sites you can have it just frustrates me.

1 Like

Why is this still an issue? I have the same problem with Mac. Why are pinned top sites disappearing. A random site I barely visit replaced a pinned site. I went through my history and deleted the random site from the history. My original site reappeared in Top Sites but without the pin.
Is there a fix coming for this issue?

2 Likes

I have a same issue here. It deletes pinned top sites and add unsolicited sites to the top sites. It’s quite annoying.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67(Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

I am having the same problem with Top Sites becoming unpinned and being replaced by sites I never even visit. If they can’t resolve this problem soon I am going to be forced to uninstall Brave entirely.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.