"pending update of "brave" snap. Close the app to avoid disruptions (8 days left)"

Description of the issue:

Sporadically throughout my workday, a Brave notification will pop up on my screen that reads:

“pending update of “brave” snap. Close the app to avoid disruptions (8 days left)”

I identify this specifically as a notification from Brave and not from Snap because the notification has the Brave logo on it.

In this example the notification reads ‘(8 days left)’. The notification however, has been counting down from 14 days. I initially did a search for this error and found nothing and so decided that since I had 14 days left, I’d give it some time for the error to reproduce elsewhere and gain traction. Over the past few days I’ve searched several times with the same result.

Steps to Reproduce:
This pops up as a notification every few hours with no discernable pattern.

Reproduces how often:

Between two and four times daily

Operating System:

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Brave Version(about:brave):

Version 1.38.119 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have the same trouble.
And since than I have to open tabs in a different way.
At the first step I write the url and than brave try to load the website, but that does not work only a white site appears and loading never ends. At this point I have to hit F5 and than the website loads in seconds.
What is going on there? Can you please help?

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

I had the same problem and solved it with the following steps.

1. close brave
  2. open a terminal
  3. run: sudo snap refresh
  4. Brave should update
  5. re-open the best web browser :wink:
2 Likes

Thanks for that Taft. That did it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.