PDFs Dont Open When using outlook webmail

Description of the issue: - I used to be able to click on a pdf in my outlook web emails and it would show a preview of the pdf. But suddenly, when i click on a PDF in my outlook email it gives me an error message-- “Something went wrong while the document preview was being created. Please try again later.” This error has been going on for 3 days now. I updated Brave, and I restarted computer, I even restored computer to a previous date. Nothing has fixed it. I don’t have this issue when I click on word documents though. For word documents it shows me the preview with no problem.

Exact URL of the website in question: https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? I don’t know what shields are.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): Not sure.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes, when using Chrome I am able to see the preview of the PDF with no problems.

Brave version (check About Brave): 1.30.86

Tested sending a pdf to my outlook, under the “All attachments” outlook folder. Can you send a pdf to yourself, then view the pdf?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.