Password Manager Issues

I log in every morning, This Morning I went to log in to a website that I had my password saved, now I looked in Password manager setting and all my saved sites and Passwords are all gone . WHy ? This is very frustrating.

1 Like

Hi @Mtyjoe - thanks for writing in. Can you confirm your OS and Brave version?

@Mtyjoe do you have sync enabled?

Brave is up to date
Version 1.68.128
Like I said none of my websites that I had saved in Password Manager along with my Passwords are not showing anymore, I tried re adding Facebook.com with my password it adds it but when I close Facebook and try to log back in, it wants me to type in the passwrd at log in. so it isn’t automatically putting it in. I go back to Password Manager and Facebook is not there. I have a iMac computer. I called Apple support yesterday explained my issue and they said it has to a problem with the Brave Browser.

One more thing I’m seeing in Password Manager. This Message is showing.
I click on it and a window opens just just shows three folders in my Documents folder, nothing about this message. ( Saved passwords will appear here. To import passwords to Password Manager on this device, select a CSV file. ) What is a CSV File ? I do not see this file.

Yes
I have it sync. I have tried everything I know of. I bever had this issue un the past. in Passworf manager I’m getting this message (. Saved passwords will appear here. To import passwords to Password Manager on this device, select a CSV file. ). This I don’t understand. I tried to add another website with my password and it adds it but whenI go back in there it’s not there again. It’s just not keeping it in there

UpDate: After talking to Apple Support yesterday. I’ve come to the conclution they are idots. I found in iMac settings under privacy and security there is the kubj to passkey, I opened it up and turned it off, Apple higher yp techs I spoke with said there wasn’t a way to turn it off, so obviously they aren’t that good at there job. So it was not Brave that was causing my issue. as soon as I turned off passkey now all my websites woth passwords are back and showing in password manager. Hope this will help the next person with this issue. Thank You