Password lock / encrypt Brave Browser for security and privacy reasons

I do not know where this wish is but a master password at the start of the browser would be a minimum to protect access to passwords and credit card information saved in Brave.

And if possible, communicate about this important feature.

I am also interested in having this feature. But I donā€™t think a master password for entire brave browser will be a feasible option for people who share their browsers with family. Instead password locking the password managers, personal bookmarks and confidential sites such as your email clients will be the best option. And also I love the feature of brave profiles. For people definitely want to lock their brave browser and personalize their experience. I would suggest to make a feature to password lock by their profile.

I never reply on forms but I agree with the original post, I donā€™t save passwords on my browser but this seems like a pretty important and popular request. I would probably guess the standard user starts out saving their passwords on a browser and having an extra layer of security would be amazing. But once again Iā€™m reading another issue or topic with minimal response (sometimes yrs after) or a brief reply sometimes not directed at the request or statement.
I looked at the feature request that i think was opened in dec 2020 and it seems its still a very popular request that doesnā€™t look promising. Maybe one day they will get there but I definitely feel itā€™s worth putting a response on this post.
I didnā€™t do much research but it seems like Brave is behind the game in what i feel should be a Standard security feature.

I also agree with the posted comment on the feature request below
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/13350#issuecomment-1344517693

I share my pc with other members of my home, they know the windows password. I just want a password for the browser, specifically.

I donā€™t typically comment on forums either but joined just to ask Brave to please make this happen.

i too would like this feature

Brain is the Solution, If you Never want someone to see your info, the only place which you should trust is your Brain.

For Passwords ā†’ Sitename + Favorite xyz (Favorite xyz is what you like the most and others are not aware of it, you can follow this simple approach for all sites, Sites which are important will stay in your brain, if you are afraid about forgetting something and has actually ended up forgetting it , then those sites are not important)

Use Guest mode or create a new profile for engaging in a browser activity that you dont want others to see and set up clear all data on Exit.

and For bookmarks, there are several session Managers available in the chrome web Store, open all of your bookmarks in one window, and save all those opened bookmark tabs as an session in the cloud based session manager, delete all of your bookmarks(After Exporting and Storing it on Mega,nz) and Log out of that Extensions whenever your session is finished.

Seems that Brave team doesn;t care of wishes of users.
On my side I setup Brave so that all data is stored on an encypted disk (truecrypt for example) that I mount to use Braveā€¦ and dismount when I donā€™t use Brave. If the disk is not mounted, Brave simply does not open. That solves all problems of security pf passwords, bookmarks, extension usage etc