Brave Login feature

Dear Brave Developers,

Hoping you would introduce the Brave Login system. Which upon installation saves your walled id, passwords, bookmarks, etc. And syncs automatically when logged in to other devices with the same account.

I loved this feature about Google Chrome—this feature rendered it easy to work remotely from anyone else’s Internet browser. I could just login and start working exactly as I would from home.

With Brave’s present features, I was trying to work unexpectedly at a friend’s office recently but found it overly difficult because I couldn’t load my standard bookmarks and such. So, I needed to wait until I returned home.

If there’s some sort of security reason for not including this feature, then I can understand, but it seems like there should be a way to do it through zero-access encryption.

1 Like

I’m still wondering about this. It would be nice to backup/sync my settings (like bookmarks and wallet IDs and such) to “the cloud” through zero-access encryption so that they’re not lost in case of a computer malfunction or something, and so that they can be loaded onto any Brave browser that I log into.

I understand the usability of such feature … but

Brave objectives are to preserve privacy and be a decentralised platform. That’s why it is an alternative to Google.
What you are proposing is that user data is stored in Brave’s servers.

1 Like

This is a feaure that I would also find extremely useful.
I have been pondering the privacy side of it and I am no dev by any means.
There are plently of blockchain cloud services, possibly something like a way to intergrate a ‘back up/export’ and ‘download/import’ feature?

I agree, I would love an encrypted login, with my sync data stored on a brave server, a strong password required, and perhaps even 2FA / PassKey.

If Brave doesn’t want to save any user data that is fine too, but as an alternative, let us add a file storage provider for automatic backups, e.g. OneDrive, DropBox, GDrive, iCloud etc. I just want my current settings etc backed up, without having to worry about it ever.