Option to have new tabs open at end of all tabs

Currently, opening a link in new tab has the new tab open to the immediate right of the open tab. Other browsers allow you to pick if you want the new tab to open in other places, for example at the end of all of the open tabs.

This can be achieved with a chrome extension called New Tabs at End.

2 Likes

On firefox it’s so easy to change that with about:config.
How can we do this on brave browser?

I absolutely hate when I’m in the middle of my tabs, I jump around a lot, and then even I open a new tab it’s all the way at the bottom. Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would someone want to open a tab away from the tab they are currently using? I literally can’t think of anything…

1 Like

I absolutely hate when I’m in the middle of my tabs, I jump around a lot, and then even I open a new tab it’s all the way at the bottom. Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would someone want to open a tab away from the tab they are currently using? I literally can’t think of anything…

So, because you don’t like it, nobody should have it.

I like all my tabs to open at the end, and view them in order. There is really no harm in making this an option, if you don’t like it, then just don’t use it.

Try " Alternate Tab Order" extension for Chrome/Brave

3 Likes

Opening this issue up, again. I absolutely get mad when a new tab opens within my bespoke order of tabs that I use for work.
Sometimes, I open ten links to read later, yet have all my relevant work right next to my tab. So I want the new tabs to be far away so they don’t disturb me right now.
That’s seriously the first thing I change in any browser, and as much as I like Brave, not having this option is one of the reasons that always makes me return to other browsers and makes me hesitant to recommend Brave without mentioning it.

1 Like