Option to copy link from Address Bar

Description of the issue:
I noticed that in version 1.66 of BRAVE, when I select a link from the address bar, the option to quickly copy the link no longer appears as it was before in version 1.65, as can be seen in the screenshots.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1-In any Tab opened when clicking on the link in the address bar, the option to Share, Copy Link and Edit the link will no longer appear in the address bar.

Expected result:
I hope this option returns.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.66.110, Chromium 125.0.6422.60

Mobile Device details
Android 12; Build/SP1A.210812.016

Oddly enough, the option appears when you delete the text in the address bar. For example, if I visit community.brave.com, then tap in the address bar, I do not see the option:

But then if I delete the text in the URL bar, the option appears:

I’m not sure if this is new intended behavior from Chromium or a bug on our end — will dig into it and let you know when I find out.

1 Like

@isTroopyciuu,
Looks like this is a known issue:

1 Like

@Mattches Thank you for your support.

I did a test on my old smartphone that I have with Android 9 and curiously this problem doesn’t happen.

One thing I noticed is that in Android 9 the option doesn’t only work on the Home page of websites. On my Android 12, it doesn’t work on Home and within the website.

The following screenshots are from my Android 9

@isTroopyciuu,
Thank you for the information. I’ve added your report to the Github issue for our developers to review :+1:

1 Like

@Mattches Thank you very much.

All the best to you. :smiling_face::pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.