One profile has no internet access

Description of the issue:
My original brave profile on Windows will not connect to the internet . This started mid-day yesterday all other programs on my computer can still connect fine. I created a new test profile in brave and somehow that new profile can connect just fine (but is missing all of my presets, history, etc obviously). Incognito windows work as well in both profiles. That same original profile still works on my other devices just fine.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start up Brave
  2. Try to access any website

Expected result:
Brave should access the internet regardless of which profile is active

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Do you have any extensions installed in your main profile at this time? If so, can you please try disabling them, then test to see if you are able to connect?

I do have a bunch of extensions installed. I disabled all of them to no immediate effect. After a bit and a system restart everything seems to be working as normal. Re-enabling the extensions does not seem to have any adverse effects. Very strange

Yeah so I imagine that it had something to do with at least one of the extensions installed — keep an eye out and let ,e know if the issue occurs again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.