Not enough memory to open this page

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 2004
OS Build: 19041.572
Memory: 8 GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.60
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Brave Version: Version 1.15.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Issue: When I try log-in to my Wix.com account to work on one of my websites, when the editor starts to load, I get the message “Not enough memory to open this page.” I know this is not an issue with the other web browser I use which is Vivaldi because I use it as a backup in case something goes wrong. I am currently using Vivaldi and I am having no issues logging into my Wix.com account and editing my websites. I only have two extensions (1) Kaspensky Protection and (2) PC Matic. All has been working well up until 3-4 days ago.

This is what I have done:

1. I closed all open programs.
  2. Restarted computer.
  3. Deleted all system TMP files and CHK files.
  4. Opened Brave with one tab.
  5. Logged into my Wix.com account.
  6. After logging into my Wix account, I clicked on Edit site. It partially loads and then I get the message “Not enought memory to open this page.”

So, I am at a loss as to why all of a sudden I am now having issues using Brave.

I was using Brave as my primary web browser up until this happened. I really like Brave and I want to continue to use it but most of my work in Brave is working on websites. With this new wrinkle, I am unable to use Brave.

I am hoping this issue can be resolved.

Thank you for considering this request and have a great day,
Eddie Rogers, Minister, D.D.

Hello @erogers77

could you try the next

1. disable all extention i know it was fine earlier we just try to check what is the cause
  2. use private mode

if it work fine then the issue with one of the extension or your cache
so enable extention again one by one if it fine then clear your cache and choose all time

hope that help and have a nice day

Hi,

I thought that I had already gone through this process once before but I failed to note this in my description.

So, I disabled both extensions and I started a new private window and I logged into my Wix.com account. When I clicked on Edit Site, it started loading the editor and it only got so far and then, I received the Not enough memory to load this page message again.

I did delete Browser history, Download history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files. Still getting the same error message.

I did go through all of these steps but I failed to include them in my description. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your assistance in helping me with this issue and have a great day,

do not be sorry

did you tried to turn off the shield so go to wix then click on the lion icon then turn off the shield and see if it help or not

if not worked so
did you tried to create new profile also

go to menu then create a new profile

when you get the message of not enough memory could you check the task manager and see how much brave take from your memory

you welcome and thanks a lot

hope that help and have a nice day

Okay.

I clicked on the Lion in the address bar and this is what I currently have:

image003.jpg

This was turned off in previous attempts. So, it does not work.

I created a new profile and I clicked on the Lion and turned off the Shield.

Then, I logged into my Wix account and when it clicked on Edit Site, it started loading the editor and again, I get the message “Not enough memory to open this site.”

Here is are a couple of screen shots to show the memory Brave is using.

I have to wonder if maybe the latest Windows update has anything to do with this? I remember recently Windows prompted me to restart my computer to install some updates. From what I remember, it happened twice within a day of each update. I just checked to see if I can go back to the previous version of Windows and it is telling me since it has been more than 10 days, it will not let me go back. Bummer!!!

Thank you again for working with me and have a great day,

Brave 1.15.75 Chromium: 86.0.4240.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601.24544)

in system log

redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(71)] Redeem unblinded payment tokens in 3 hours, 38 minutes, 53 seconds at 7:51 PM
[ :“Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 4:12:55 PM”

could you help
transfer tokens in my wallet

you very welcome @erogers77

let me ask @fanboynz for help here

and have a nice day both of you

Hello @ceec

sorry i can not help you with that as i am not brave employee and also my knowledge about the log files is not based on facts but on expectation so it will not always correct

so i recommened that you create a new post and describe your issue in details and the team will help you and have a nice day

Regarding wix.com I’ve rolled out a fix, should go out in the next 48hrs.

1 Like

I want to thank everyone’s support on this issue. I believe it is now working. I launched Brave and I turned off both Extensions and started a New Private window. I was able to log-in to my Wix account and launch the Wix editor okay. Then, I logged out of my Wix account and then turned the switch on for both Extensions and logged into my Wix account in normal Brave window (not private) and I was able to launch the Wix editor. I have been using it now for roughly 2 days and I have not run into any issues. Whatever was done appears to have resolved this memory issue.

Thank everyone for your assistance in resolving this issue and have a great day,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.