No sound using web torrent

Hey guys!

Switched to brave a few weeks ago and I think it’s great! Although there’s this minor problem I can’t fix. Please see below!

Description of the issue:
When downloading a torrent using the built in downloader there’s an option to stream it as it goes. The problem I’m having is that there’s no sound.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
All the time.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No need. The volume controller is not clickable, it looks like there’s sound playing, but no. The video is great though.

Brave Version(about:brave):
rsion 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
errr

Additional Information:
I’m on mac High Sierra 10.13.6. I have checked my settings and sound is allowed to play.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Trem

@Tremedy,
Thanks for reaching out!
Strange issue you are having - would you mind sending me a screenshot of what it looks like when you’re streaming via in-browser webtorrent client?

Hey, sorry for slow answer. Here’s a screenshot of the right part of the panel.
As you can see the volume control is toned down and is not clickable .

@Tremedy,
No problem!
So I’m assuming that you’re still encountering this after updating to latest release – v0.60.45 at the time of writing this?

Do you see any notifications/alerts/icons displayed in the address bar while streaming content through web torrent?

Hi again!

This is what it looks like. And yes, I still encounter the same problem with the latest version.

I see that you have autoplay blocked - can you try allowing Autoplay for the site and see if it starts audio playback?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.