Brave - No Sound On Any Website

Hi,

Did a search and I found some others with the same issue but the topic was closed.

Description of the issue:
No sound at all coming through the browser, no matter what site is visited.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
Launch Brave.
2. Visit any website and play video/sound.

Actual Result:
No sound produced.

Expected Result
Sound should play

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.44.112 Chromium: 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
My system is:
1 DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
2 DISTRIB_RELEASE=22.04
3 DISTRIB_CODENAME=jammy
4 DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS”
5 PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS”
6 VERSION=“22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)”
7 VERSION_CODENAME=jammy

I have added no more extensions, so can’t see that as an issue. Happened about a week or two ago. No sound issues anywhere else (Firefox, Chrome and Chromium or indeed applications). Original install was following the Brave site commands from the terminal.

I have backed up my config, removed, reinstalled and even purged; each time with the same result.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

:slight_smile:

Have you checked your audio settings to make sure that the sound for Brave is turned up? I’ve had issues with specific programs being muted.

Cynical13,

Thank you very much for pointing me towards a fix. I couldn’t see any audio settings relating to a specific application. I checked again and still saw nothing that would help.

I then set Brave to play on youtube and then had another look and this appeared:

Then clicking the mute button - sound sprung to life!! Looks like it shows active streams and has the ability to target the levels.

Once again thanks.

Regards

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad that worked! I’ve had that same problem a few times. Glad it was an easy fix for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.