New Tabs Freeze for 10-30 seconds

I’m using the latest build of brave ( ). It freezes for 10-30 seconds every time I open a new tab and is unresponsive to keyboard or mouse input. I’m running the latest version of Windows 10. This issue has persisted through multiple versions of Brave and Windows 10. My only reservation is that I haven’t found a ton of people having the same issue. My hardware is a 6 core i7 and a GTX 1070 Max-Q + 16 gb ram in a laptop form factor.

@HTwrestler112 first, can you try disable Hardware acceleration in Brave’s Settings? In case it can help with your issue.

I disabled hardware acceleration and the issue still persists. It might be useful to note that the tab only freezes when I open a new blank tab with ctrl + t or by clicking the “plus” button on the top bar. New tabs that are opened by clicking links or by right clicking a link and selecting “open in new tab” do not cause the new tab to freeze.

Is it a hard disk or ssd ? just asking
happened to me a month back i thought something is wrong with my pc so thoroughly cleaned windows junk checked for registery errors even reinstalled brave from scratch only to notice a little improvement i then tried
sfc / scannow
It did found some window’s resource protection corrupt files that it repaired restarted
the problem was fixed for me
anyway i was also gonna try dism but it was already fixed

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.