New Tab extention violates Web Store policy

I used to use the New Tab extension all the time with Brave with no problems. Now suddenly without warning it is disabled with the message that it violates the Web Store policy. I can turn the extension back on but then a short time later is is disabled again.

Does anyone know why this is happening? If it violated a policy why was it working before? I want to use an extension like this so when I open a new tab it opens to my default search engine. And if it does violate a Web Sore policy what exactly is the policy? Also, if I can’t use that extension anymore does anyone know of an alternative that is still supported? Thank you.

Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)](https://brave.com/latest/)
Running on Windows 10 Pro

@john262,
Thanks for reaching out.
There are several NTP extensions available, can you please tell me the exact extension you’re seeing this issue with?

Additionally, while it’s not quite what you’re looking for, you are able to change your default search engine used in the address bar for easy access:

Thanks. It’s The New Tab CRX 1.6.7 for Chrome.

@john262,
We actually have documentation on this – note the bottom section of the page:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.