Negative Images on Dark Mode

Description of the issue:
Imagery on a number of sites, in particular clothing apparel sites,
get “inverted”= appearance switches to negative when dark mode is in.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. switch to dark mode( am on iOS, but have also experienced in android’s)

2. go to https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/shop/en-gb/tnf-gb/womens-ampato-quilted-long-jacket-859g?variationId=I0I

3. you should be able to experience it now

Expected result:

seeing the actual colour, not it’s inverted version

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.57.2 (23.9.27.14)

Additional Information:

feel free to email me if you need more info. thanks

Go to brave://flags/#enable-force-dark and use Enabled with simple CIELAB-based inversion or Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements, default is not good.

Thanks Emi

Except, that’s not available on iOS.
Only option is slide button for Dark Mode on/off :smiling_face_with_tear:Disconcerting

ufffff I didn’t see the iOS part lol, I promise I checked the tags, that’s because someone complained once I missed ‘macos’ tag and started complaining why I gave a Windows instructions, even if there were the same.

That sucks anyway, it works in Androiod and Desktop because they both use Chromium, while iOS uses webkit forced by Apple™.

Also, iOS doesn’t allow to add custom adblock rules, so there is no way to fix it, only turning it off.

The issue should be webkit, not even Chromium in this case, it is dumb auto dark modes inverting images.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.