My username/password will not work for a library database even though it does work in other browsers

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. In other browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, I can use my username/password for a library database. But it will not work in Brave. The error sign says, “We are unable to validate your login credentials. Please contact your institution for assistance. Please note, Referring URL authentication may have been prevented by antivirus or privacy control software. [Authentication Error Code 103].” I’ve contacted my institution and the problem is not on their side. I am wondering if there is a setting in Brave that I need to adjust. Can somebody help me? Thanks.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

This may be a clue here.

Can you try the site with Shields down? (I’m assuming that will subvert some of the anti-tracking controls which could be causing the ‘Referer’ header to not be sent, and perhaps they are using that header as something of a secondary security control.)

I tried it with shields down and that result was the same.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.