My uphold country custodian is US and I'm setting my brave to US but it's not allowing me to connect it and keep saying that the region is not supported

Briefly describe your issue:
My uphold country custodian is US and I’m setting my brave to US but it’s not allowing me to connect it and keep saying that the region is not supported.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

v1.62.165

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
No

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? Yes

And where is your passport from?

It’s a Driver’s License from Guam

There’s your answer. Uphold reports to the API that your country is whatever passport or whatever you submitted. So they are seeing you from Guam and not the United States. And Guam is not on the list at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469-List-of-supported-regions-Connecting-a-custodial-account-to-Brave-Rewards-and-Brave-Creators

Yes, I know it’s a US territory, but they do some weird things. Not all territories are included as part of countries. It’s just how Uphold has things coded.

So if you want it to accept you as USA, you’re going to need to get USA license or resident ID and then have Uphold update that on your account.

I see, I just need to contact Uphold and change my ID with resident ID?

Yeah. Big thing to stress is it’s not just updating address and giving proof of residence. It has to be the ID or passport that gets replaced. While trying to update that, you may want to explain you’re needing it done for Rewards. Otherwise they might just see it and do a simple proof of address change, which wouldn’t do anything on the API.

Yes, it’s silly and weird how they can make things a bit complicated. But at least wanted to clarify on that so you’re aware.

I understand and thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.