My passwords were deleted, also passwords won't save anywhere

Hey @erlandyt,

did you make sure it is enabled here: brave://settings/passwords

it is enabled and always has been.

Same thing happened with me and deletes randomly could happen every hour or every 3 days.

Sounds awefull. Did you try to get a closer look on possible Malware in the backround.
McAfee offers a tool where you can also search for rootkits select this option when you make a deep scan of your system.
McAfee’s Stinger 32/64 download Page
I forget to mention the last time. You have to select Quarantine and the click on advanced to click on settings, then select a full scan and go to sleep. It will take a while! :wink: I also suggest to just report the threats, because some of our tools are sometimes reported as viruses. Mostly gaming tools, which you will know then.

No threats what do I do?

I am out of ideas. :zipper_mouth_face:

Check to ensure you are not using another Profile. For example - ProfileOne has passwords, ProfileTwo does not .

It says I’m on profile 1. Still how do I check to make sure there are no other profiles?

Well, if you’ve never explicitly created other Profiles, there shouldn’t be more than one.

However, to check, there’s a Profile icon (see the yellow icon in my screenshot) next to the “hamburger” menu

Hey!

I know, this ain’t a topic, but i would recommend a password manager of your choice, eventually with cloud sync.

Eventually you want (if possible) backup those Passwords saved in Brave. I never used this feature, since I dont find it as secure as it should be.

I hope you can recover your passwords just wanted to add this tip here.

possible reason of deletion

You may have deleted everything in your brave browser. There is a checkbox for passwords.

Greetings
Lex

@erlandyt,
Can you update to the latest Brave version and confirm whether or not this issue is still present?

Did you read this?

Not sure I fully appreciate your question. I wrote the referenced piece myself and, whilst proofing it I did reread it.

Is there something wrong with the piece which is prompting you to ask me to read it again?

Thank you for your time with this.

Hahaha… nooo, I didn’t reconize that this was yours. I am so sorry but also pretty amused :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Glad to have raised a chuckle :grin::+1:

This is the first time I’ve been active on any forum so a little skitterish in terms of putting my foot in it.

Are you part of the dev team? I am curious to know if my posted solution is viable as an explanation to the issue at hand or if I’m just obscuring a potentially deeper issue with a temporary work around…

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome! :wink:

No I am also like you only a interested Geek, who is trying to be helpfull.

1 Like

Doesn’t help, I am on mac

None of these helped, The file may have been corrupted.

hey guys this is happening to me too
my brave is version 1.18.70

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.