All saved Passwords are gone

All of my saved passwords are no longer showing up. How can I restore them without going through each website and reentering them?

Hi @yjdebatty, Welcome to Community!
Do you know if you’re using multiple profiles? Do you have a circular icon in the top right? If so click on that icon and you can navigate between profiles - you might have been pushed into a new profile for some odd reason.

Hello AA Ron,
Thanks for getting back to me.

No, I have a single profile.

I have been working my way through all my password protected websites and repopulating the saved passwords file. Is there a way to back up the passwords file so this doesn’t happen again?

John DeBatty

Depending on your OS, can I direct you to the login data file and you could back that up.

• windows path: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data
  • macOS path: ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default

Also, please go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData and check to make sure Brave is not set to clear browsing data on exit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.