My desktop browser has been unverified for ages

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

**Briefly describe your issue:**I have not received my payouts using my desktop browser for ages since I was unverified apparently for no reason whatsoever. However, my brave account on my mobile seems to have no issues (Android)

**What Operating System and Brave version are you using? Windows 11, I have just updated the latest version of Brave.

**Is your browser wallet currently verified? A mobile verified account but no longer a destop one

**What date did you verify your wallet? between 1 and 2 years ago

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?**No through my desktop.

**Are you using a VPN? NO

**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)NO

**Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??Yes but to no avail

That is the problem. If your region is not supported by Brave, Gemini, and/or Uphold, you will not be able to verify your account. I am surprised you are still able to connect using your Android device. Probably if you disconnect, you will not be able to reconnect.

You apparently are still able to receive/earn from ads, so you probably are eligible to receive ads from ad campaigns. You can always check this site to see if your region is eligible and the number of ad campaigns available: Regional Catalog Viewer.

Since you didn’t specifically state your country, I will post all the recent support staff notices about changes to current regions. You can find this information at the bottom of the User Solutions: 1.39.x topic or by doing a Community search.

Notice This?
Various notices posted by Brave support

Supported Country Changes:
NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

NOTICE: New region restrictions on Uphold (very important info for users in Hawaii)

India: Verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold temporarily unavailable

Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

Sorry my mistake. That was supposed to be a YES as I am currently living in Italy.

ooops lol

It looks like Italy is still supported by Gemini and Uphold, so you are all good there. Can you please provide some additional information.

1. Please provide the specific Brave version you are using. You can find this information at brave://version.

2. Are you getting any messages (please provide screenshots if you are)?

• with your unverified Rewards at brave://rewards
    • when you try to connect to your custodial account?
  3. Are you eligible for and still receiving ads (NTP, inline, notifications) and earnings with you unverified Rewards? Please post any anomalies you may have.

• check availability at Regional Catalog Viewer
    • check Ads received this month and 30-day ads history at brave://rewards
  4. What is happening with the unverified Rewards earnings? (If you are still receiving ads & earnings, the earnings should be deposited into your unverified Rewards balance each payout period.)

• Do you have claim buttons and what happens when you try to claim your rewards?
    • Are amounts just rolling over with no payouts?

Some of the requested information may not be relevant, but asking for as much as can think of that might be relevant now. Please post an update. :smiley:

Hi and thank you for getting back to me. Please see my screenshots for brave version and the reason why I cannot verify my desktop wallet.

I am still getting rewards on my mobile account however, I have not received any for months (or at least what I was supposed to get) through my desktop account.

If your Rewards profile is flagged (especially for that length of time!!) you should submit a request for support staff to take a closer look using the form linked below. Please make sure you provide the information requested and as much detail as possible. Brave support will close your request without notice if you don’t!

I hope your problem is resolved soon. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you I have just submitted a request for help as you suggested. For the record I had written here a few times in the past but to no avail. Thank you for your help and I wish you a good day.

Warmest regards,

Davide

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Usually, a community member (like me) will jump in and help out. I guess with all the craziness with payouts over the last few months, yours was overlooked. Ack. :slightly_frowning_face:

For future reference, if you have an issue and the details are the same as someone else’s in another topic, usually you can just follow the instructions or workaround or whatever given in that topic, especially if the same thing is repeatedly being posted in many topics. Sometimes with issues that are impacting many users and with an overwhelming number of posts, it is just easier and less time consuming for support staff to post the information in a few topics and hope the majority users see the post and follow through. These posts usually start with “anyone” or are super generic.

Of course, if the issue is unique or impacting very few users, then you definitely should create your own topic using a template, like you did here. :smiley: If after a few days, you haven’t gotten any help from either a community member or support staff, you should just post a reply indicating you are still having a problem and could someone take a look. Do that again after a week if still no response and tag the moderators.

You are welcome and you have a great day too! :smiley:

I have the same issue. My wallet stop to being verified and my account as flaged.

@vankrist Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just check the notices posted above to see if you are in a supported country. If you are, then use the form linked above to submit a request for support to take a look and unflag your account.

If you are not in a supported country, then you will not be able to verify with a custodial account. You still need to submit the form to get the flag removed. If you repeatedly tried to verify your account and couldn’t connect, Brave’s system probably flagged your account for suspicious activity.

Take care. :smiley:

Completly uninstall brave and delete all its user data then install it again.

@fghaz02 Do not “uninstall brave and delete all its user data” or you will lose any earnings and/or balances in your unverified Rewards. Just submit the form and follow that process. Just be patient. You’ve waited this long, just wait a little longer to get your account unflagged by a method that will retain whatever you currently have accumulated.

However, you should backup your Brave-Browser and/or User Data folders just in case your OS or Brave crashes for some unexpected reason. You may be able to restore your Rewards earnings and balances from the backup. Posting the information below.

Source: can i create bats backup? - #4 by CerealLover
Note: Consider backing up entire Brave-Browser folder too and not just User Data folder.

Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone here chiming in who is seeing the flagged wallet error and believe this is a mistake, please write into us using the form @Chocoholic linked to above (provided again below):

Thank you to everybody’s answers and coming here to help. This community has gained some respect from me lately. I have not deleted my Brave browser yet, however I could because my current balance is 0. In fact since I got unverified I stopped receiving bats. Tomorrow I have a flight to catch so I will think about this as soon as I settle down in the country I am going to move to (UK).

See you later,

Davide

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.