My Brave was reinstalled automatically on my Desktop

Description of the issue:
Yesterdey evening (a few hours ago) Brave has reinstalled by itself on my laptop. I lost all the Bookmarks, History, Password.
How can I restore them?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
This is the screenshot of the new icon of the Brave Browser.

Expected result:
I need to get the back-up of my data

Reproduces how often:
Only yesterday (and it’s enough)

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This is the currently installed version. Do not know the previous

Additional Information:
There were open pages on Brave. I was on a phone call and when I tried to open a new page, it asked me to create a new account

Yesterday, I clicked on About Brave and see there relunch option. I clicked there, few second time taken and Brave was update. No any problem found. Brave is up to date

Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

that is great for you. Anyway I cannot figure out how to restore my previous settings. DO you have any suggestion?

@Maicol045 Need to backup before reinstall or update. But you didn’t do it. It is your bad luck to reinstall automatically. I am sorry to say that I have no any solution. May be some guys will help you. Wait for another persons. If you try to contact this person he will help you better. @eljuno

1 Like

Hello @Maicol045 and thanks for tagging me @nabin786.

You should see the similar round icon at the upper-right of your browser.

Seems like you “accidentally” created a new browser profile.

Yoi can click that icon to navigate between profiles. And I believe you should see your old profile there.

@eljuno I am tagging you because you are the best. I am confidently say that you can solve this problem very easily.

You are so right!
I managed to recover them right after your suggestion.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad you found your old data.

I’m going to close this thread for now. Feel free to open a new one if you have any issue/question.

Thanks for using Brave @Maicol045.