Reinstall and restore

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Can I restore my history and favs (didn’t import) after I had to reinstall my computer

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@Oum,
In your Windows machine, go to

c:/users/[your user name]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-browser/

and make a safe copy of the User data folder found here. If you’re reformatting your computer as it appears you are, you will want these files on a flash, or some external drive. Then, you can reformat your computer and reinstall Brave. After reinstalling, navigate back to the same directory above and you will see a newly installed User data folder here from the fresh Brave installation. Find the copy of the User data you saved from your old install and copy, paste, and replace the newly installed one with your saved copy.

You should now have all your history/bookmarks/etc in Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.