Multiple fullscreen windows don't switch focus in macOS

Description of the issue:

I already made a post about this bug a few months ago, but back then it didn’t occur every time.

I have 3 windows in fullscreen and Brave doesn’t focus on the one that’s displayed. When I switch spaces using ctrl+arrow, I have to click on it in order to focus. Otherwise if I use any keyboard shortcut, it affect the previous window that is still in focus.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open 1 profile with 2 windows in fullscreen (and with a lot of tabs)
  2. Open a 2nd profile (it should go to fullscreen automatically)
  3. Switch between fullscreen spaces. Use ctrl+arrow or swipe with 4 fingers on trackpad.

Expected result:
When you switch to a window, the one in foreground should be active. You should be able to use keyboard shortcuts like cmd+T.

I tested this on Chrome too and it happens too, but rarely.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.57.53 Chromium: 116.0.5845.114 (Offizieller Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

1 Like

I have stage manager on, but it still happens when I turn it off, just a little lest frequently.

I booted in safe mode and the issue still persists.

I managed to replicate the same with the newest version of Brave on an Intel Mac

So not only am I having this issue, but whenever I switch windows, at shortly after, it bounces to the previous window, or a random one, or between a few. It took me too long to realise it was Brave causing this and not an issue with my Mac, and I’ve had to stop using Brave as a result. But I’m not enjoying Librewolf that much and missing Session Buddy a lot. I will create an individual post for my issue as well, but I’m surprised that there aren’t that many others who seem to have it. Macbook M1 here.

surprised that there aren’t that many others who seem to have it

Same. I feel like that not many use multiple profiles/windows. I tried other browsers, and Firefox and Opera don’t have profiles. :frowning:

I don’t see your post, but I now also experience windows bouncing back. This happens when I use the window switcher AltTab

For me it’s both when I use my trackpad or magic mouse, swiping left or right between windows and swiping up and selecting windows. I don’t think it’s always to the window I used previously, it appears to even rearrange the windows sometimes (I have auto-arrange spaces switched off in preferences). If I knew how to debug I’d take a crack at that.

I haven’t used AltTab (is it functionally different to Control + Left/Right arrow?), but do you find that the issue stops when you don’t have it enabled?

AltTab is an app as an alternative to cmd+Tab

Good news, it may have been fixed with Version 1.59.117 Chromium: 118.0.5993.70!

Further testing will be done…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.