Keyboard shortcut for switching between brave windows (not tabs) gone

Description of the issue: It’s not possible to switch between brave windows (not tabs) width cmd + > and cmd + shift + > anymore (since last update?)

The keyboard shortcut cmd + > now opens “brave://settings/” - the same does cmd + ,

How can this issue be reproduced? Try it

Expected result: Quickly switch between brave windows

Brave Version: Version 1.56.11 Chromium: 115.0.5790.102 (Offizieller Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information: macOS Ventura 13.4

1 Like

Next time use the search function, it was already explained 100 times before, you didn’t have to make an account for that. You are obviously not the only one getting is, but you didn’t try to verify that.

Disable the new keyboard customization flag on MacOS and wait for the fix, unless you care about the feature and customize keyboards shortcuts today, then the feature will not be important for now anyway.
There was a fix in Nightly for the one related to non-US layout keyboards, and the fix should arrive soon.

If more people using Linux and MacOS used Nightly and reported bugs, nothing like this would happen.

Thanks for your valuable input, Emi.

I for one also do not seem to find these hundreds of posts explaining this issue and a possible workaround.
My brave browser is updated to the latest version and I am still facing this issue. On a German keyboard layout the global shortcut to switch between windows is interfered by Brave directly and opens up the settings page. On top of that it opens the settings in my current tab, not a new one, which is even more inconvenient.

Anybody has a way to fix this?

I mean, how did you find this post and not others? just searching macos keyboard cmd, click on more and then switch it to latest, will bring all the possible issues/answers like this one… by me.

As far as I know, the issue was for all non US keyboard layout users and it was fixed in Nightly, which you Mac users could use and then report any bug so you don’t get this kind of simple issues in the future.
So you can use Nightly in the meantime if you want customize keyboard shortcuts, or just turn it off until fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.