Mobile sites crashing on browser

Description of the issue:
Certain websites cause the browser to completely crash. Some load the front page, others don’t even allow it to go that far.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. First time was going to booktopia.com.au, then clicking the search bar. Second one is facebook. I can search it in the browser, click the link and I get the blue bar at the top of the page before completely crashing. If I don’t close the tab fast enough, it will crash again.

Expected result:
Running the web page.
Brave Version:
Brave 1.38.109, Chromium 101.0.4951.41
Mobile Device details
Samsung s10e
Additional Information:
OS Android 12.
My partner uninstalled and reinstalled, which was when it changed websites.
booktopia worked after this, but I lost all BAT (about 50), all bookmarks and open tabs.
Prior to this, I tried the one update that was available at the time, there have been no new ones since.

I’m pretty pissed off. I tried to restore my BAT with the code word thing, but that hasn’t done anything for my BAT, I can’t access sights and I now have to try and remember what sites I had open and bookmarked.

Not using a password manager by any chance? @soff

No, I’m not. Would that be causing the crashes?

If an app tries to autofill/interacts with the forms, can cause crashes.

Oh, I see. I don’t use a password manager and I don’t save them to my browser, so I don’t think that’s the cause.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.