Misaligned edit/check boxes when printing PDF

Description of the issue:
When printing a filled-out PDF form, the check-boxes and edit boxes are not where they are supposed to be, yet the preview is OK.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Fill out some of the following form: https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/assets/forms-templates/bond-lodgement-form.pdf
  2. (optional) Download with changes
  3. Print page 1 (as preview will look OK)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.64.113 Chromium: 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Mar 27, 2024)
Linux Mint 21.3

Additional Information:
Printing on an HP-LaserJet-CP1518ni.
Printed font appears to be different.
Works fine when printed with Chromium.

That’s very strange given that the preview appears normally. Can you try printing with the Block fingerprinting option disabled in the Shields panel (on the PDF)?

Like so:

=> Made no difference.

Can we eliminate my printer? -can someone else try printing it.
Confused where it’s happening as it looks OK on the print previews, and even when I open the saved PDF in the GIMP (image manipulation program).

@Synco,
To confirm, when you saved t he PDF to your system (in Brave), opened it up and printed from the PDF, it still displayed misaligned?

Additionally, can you confirm that this is the case (when printing from Brave) for all PDFs? For example, if you try to print the BAT Whitepaper (or just a page of it) does everything print properly (I know there are no checkboxes in the whitepaper but still curious)?

I’ve only noticed the misalignment issue when printing editable entry boxes, so printing the WhitePaper would be fine.
To clarify, the PDF always looks fine on-screen.
When I drag’n’drop the edited PDF into a Brave window, it looks fine until I print it. If I drag the same PDF into a Chromium window and print it, it’s fine.

Printed page 34 of WhitePaper and as expected it’s fine.

@Synco,
Unfortunately there isn’t an easy way to test this without having to waste a bunch of printer ink.

Basically, from what I can tell, the issue is either:

• An Linux/OS specific issue (note that I did test on my end using my macOS and I was able to print as expected)
  • An extension issue (if you have any installed)
  • An [admittedly weird] issue specific to your profile

You might try downloding Brave Beta and test to see if it also prints misaligned there as well? Note that the Beta will install as a separate browser and will not overwrite any current installations data.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.