Brave not detecting printers

*Brave does not detect printer. Offers only “Print to PDF”.

This issue has been posted multiple times, with no resolution or reply.

Version: Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Linux: Ubuntu 16.02

Howdy, @BudTugglie. Not sure if this is the reason, but your Brave is not current. The version I have in my Ubuntu-based Mint 19.2 is Brave 0.68.132 Chromium 76.0.3809.132. Let us know if you need help updating.

Brave does not keep itself updated? Software updates on Ubuntu don’t show updates available. I cannot find a way to update in Brave settings.

In Linux installs, to the best of my knowledge, Brave can’t update itself. However, your system updater should show updates available and prompt you to update (or just do it if you have it set that way) if you have the Brave repository set up in your sources list.

Take a look at the instructions here:

Instead of the last line, try [Edit: actually, I think it should be sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to catch dependencies, but maybe try both] [was this: sudo apt-get upgrade] to update your current install. However, if you don’t have the Brave keyring installed, that might not work. So in that case, do sudo apt-get install brave-browser and it should just do the whole deal. I’m pretty sure all your prefs and everything will be unaffected, but I’m tagging @Mattches to confirm.

Thanks. Tried the update instructions. Didn’t work. I took an easier path and have gone back to Google Chrome.

Sorry to hear it but I get it. It can be frustrating, and some sources of trouble are hard to spot, like if you copy the commands from the web page it can wind up including formatting characters.

Another option that would avoid including Google directly is to use Chromium instead of Chrome. It should be in the package manager listing and is a bit better privacy wise as I understand it.

However you go, best of luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.