May 5th Ads Reward Claim Errors

I have emailed refunds@brave.com and I have not received any compensation in my phone wallet for the BAT I was supposed to receive. What can I do?

We’ll get more answers tomorrow. Let’s be patient. :hugs:

1 Like

Hi there, no need to send an email in this case. We are working on an automated fix, but it will take some time to get the proper updates out. Please bear with us as we get everything working again. :pray:

8 Likes

Followed instructions given, I updated the browser and I didn’t do anything else.
May 08, 2020 18:51.

• There is no “claim” button on the wallet
  • Lost about 40 BAT(s) that includes (2PCs, 1 IOS).
    --------------- I would have love to give a portion back to the creators and developers back if i could have retrieved; as a result I am unable to send those funds back ------------
    **Anyways I all in ears for further instructions.
1 Like

I didn’t recieve the rewards after claiming and the pending rewards also gone.in my android. I updated the app but no use.

First, I hope things like this won’t happen ever again :wink:, because they slightly affect user’s trust in BAT. Trust is very important; Brave is based on trust, in a way. But! - I’m quite sure that nothings lost (no BAT is lost) & that Brave devs (team) will work hard on solving it, at their highest priority. :+1:

Secondly, I think that ability to use Uphold on mobile - Android&iOS versions of Brave - should have been coded/implemented: yesterday! Users requested that (Uphold integration) for months, already. :frowning:

++ We’re mixing apples and oranges here! -

There’s Android, there’s a desktop.
There’s Uphold (Uphold = desktop only! I wish we had to Uphold on Android, it’s long past due.), there’s an internal in-app wallet. (that couldn’t be connected to Uphold on Android and could be, on Desktop)

All in all, there’s few variations

My issue is (Android, in-app wallet based) simple: Claim button was unresponsive!

I tried clicking multiple times. Usually, it works within 5 seconds. Now, it went into the loop …

Once it said, “There’s server error on Brave servers - time out”… And then: disappeared completely (without adding balance. Now I’m in a state like a payout was made and it is not - I don’t see “Claim” anymore. I also don’t see my earned BAT from April-May 5h payout cycle.)

So, my Android earnings failed.
They are (supposed to be) paid to an in-app wallet (please, integrate Uphold!) because there was time-out when I tapped Claim (my May 5h payout for April earnings)

Is there anything I could do?
Submit some info or something?
Or there will be auto-fix? (Android, in-app wallet)

9 Likes

It didnt solve it just the same error cant claim rewards ads

On the payment date i.e. 6th May.

i sent you a message with reward-internals.

1 Like

Let’s make two polls, and see who’s affected the most. :eight_pointed_black_star::heart::eight_pointed_black_star: At least we’ll have some stats… While Brave developers work hard on solving it.

Affected: answer 1ˢᵗ poll. Otherwise/claimed successfully: 2ᶮᵈ

Please, answer the 1ˢᵗ poll only if you’re experiencing “May 5th” issue (inability to claim April BAT earnings), and 2nd poll if you’re NOT affected. (if you claimed your BAT successfully on May 5th)

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌ Poll 1 ╌──┈⊰᯽⊱
▼ AFFECTED w/ 05/05 Claim-“issue” ▼

I couldn’t claim my rewards, and I’m using the following PLATFORM / WALLET type -

• Android with in-app BAT wallet
  • Desktop (in-app BAT wallet)
  • Desktop (with verified Uphold wallet)

0 voters

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌ Poll 2 ╌──┈⊰᯽⊱
▼▼ NOT AFFECTED ▼▼

IF you CLAIMED your BAT SUCCESSFULLY (on May 5th):

I claimed my rewards successfully (didn’t experience any problem), and I’m using the following PLATFORM & WALLET -

• Android with in-app BAT wallet
  • Desktop (in-app BAT wallet)
  • Desktop (w/ verified Uphold wallet)

0 voters

1 Like

Not had any rewards for over 3 months, this has been the picture since early February! claim button never appears and the estimated rewards moves on to the next month, reasonably happy with the browser but the BAT rewards system is a little disappointing to say the least.

This was supposed to be my first payment in my Android. Since I got claim errors, I upgraded to the latest version of Brave, and now it seems as if I had lost my BAT from April. I guess that upgrading does not mean the same thing as reinstalling, and that this does not make it impossible for you to restore my BAT balance.

Just testing if sharing (poll) works. The up ↑ arrow leads to post 292.

& Let’s have some fun! Words of wisdom
@discobot quote

There is a missing 4rth option on the 2nd pool @Marco, Mainly is the same as last Desktop w/Verified Uphold, received automat rewards, but didn’t received the real amount of BAT generated till 1st of may.

Btw perhaps is a minor issue, but is.
And to congratulate your idea of the pools and the clear differentiation between devices.

Hi @steeven, i did sent you a DM, please to reply

As of now My BAT in PC and Desktop was automatically send to my account in uphold but my BAT in mobile android is not there anymore the April payout is missing but the Jun 6 2020 is still there.

Thank you. @origamiw :heart:

How would you call that 4th option in 2nd poll? It’s quite possible I made a mistakes bc I use Android primarily (but do have verified Uphold wallet and Brave on PC.)

Just tell me that (correct options) and I’ll edit 2nd poll. Or DM them. :+1: :black_heart:

Hi, @steeven I sent a DM. thanks.

@steeven

I sent you a DM again .
Thanks

Poor @steeven… He’s flooded with DMs.

My expectation is that everything will be solved, but more importantly - improved so that it doesn’t happen ever again.
Trust in Brave / BAT must be maintained… :two_hearts:

4 Likes