Maps don't display on websites

When a map insert wouldn’t display on USA Today’s coronavirus map (sponsored by Mapbox), I went directly to the John Hopkins university website for the world map of Coronavirus incidents. On their website as well the map box is blank. A right click within the map shows the same dialog as right clicking on a blank Brave tab. On the USA Today page (Mapbox insert) running the cursor did show stats for cities, though the map itself was invisible. And on that page right click had no effect at all, no dialog or anything.

Description of the issue: Above

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Simply go to: https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2020/03/10/us-coronavirus-map-tracking-united-states-outbreak/4945223002/?for-guid=5ffe6467-459e-4e16-a368-cea40308c8ec&utm_source=usatoday-Coronavirus%2520Watch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=baseline_greeting&utm_term=newsletter_greeting

or to: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
A blank, black background (page set up in dark mode) amidst a normal page with text.

Expected result:
I would see the map

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 8.1
Brave: (up to date) Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Hey, If you allow Cross site Device recognition in Sheilds it should help here.

Thanks fanboynz, I’d like to do the minimum that you think fit, so here’s an image showing the one step I just took, and others available. What do you think?
shields
With this single step so far no results…

See via the url-bar

Who woulda guessed that this single factor (which is meaningless to me as worded) makes or breaks the map.

Thanks for much for showing me this, I will be able to now generalize this new understanding to other websites I have had trouble with!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.