Manually Adding Top-Sites

Dear Brave-Team,

Great browser! I would really love to see the possibility to customize my startpage/new tab. In every other browser I can select and add my own “Top-Sites”, this possibility is a key feature for myself and I think for a lot of other people out there as well. To be able to work efficiently, I would need that possibility. Until then the browser can be used to play a bit around and test - but I can’t use it properly.

Thanks & Regards
Peter

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Pit00r.

Last time I heard, it’s in the works. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

I’m also looking forward to a management of the Top Sites and the possibility to add them manually. So the New Tab site would make much more sense to me in my daily workflow.

3 Likes

Six sites are actually very low. Should add more

3 Likes

great to hear it’s in the works, as I miss the new Firefox feature that allows me to customize the top sites, like number of rows and sites, and to be able to save to top sites permanently, and the option in the menu to add/save to top sites right now whenever I clear history the top sites also disappear.

1 Like

Any ETA on when all of us can use Top Sites? Thanks

2 Likes

ya, i accidently deleted my favorite top site and for the life of me can’t figure out how to get it appear again - it was handy

2 Likes

Looks like this one has been in the work for a couple years now, any recent updates on customizing Top Sites or pinning favorites within Top Sites?

2 Likes

@johnstenner,
The feature is now available in Nightly builds and targeted for a v1.23.x release on stable:

New to Brave browser…I’m liking it alot…however top sites widget is not alowing me to customize it…3-dot menu only offers one option (hide)…I’d like to come over from Firefox but can’t until top sites is customizable

Yeah, on mainpage we see only “most visited” for instant. It would be great to allow to personalize.

@dcvh @Mysteryo this feature will be available with 1.23.x release :sweat_smile: :point_down:

1 Like

:joy: :sweat_smile: @eljuno

We can drop any sites on mainpage, instead of top sites ? I’m with 1.21.74release, so I can’t use it yet.
If I can, how do I do ? I’m interesting. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s nasty to make fun of French people who are new to the browser. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Mysteryo,
Nobody is making fun of anyone. As I said already, he NTP changes are currently in Nightly and will move down the pipline until they reach release – targeted for 1.23.x release. If you’d like, you’re welcome to download our Nighty build and test the feature out yourself.

Nightly is the prerelease which are often unstable ?

[quote=“Mysteryo, post:13, topic:112966”]
It’s nasty to make fun of French people who are new to the browser. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote] It’s a joke of course. It’s just for saying that it’s easier for me to speak french, but no way to obtain answer here in the Moliere’s tongue.

Yes it is but you can install it alongside your current stable release. They will both run as two separate browsers.

I just noticed I now have this feature (add site) on all my browsers… nice one, thank you Brave! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like