Mac - Control + Option minimizes all?

I’m on a Mac - Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build (arm64).

I use an app (Magnet) to move windows around regularly - which requires me to use Control + Option + [arrow keys].

I’ve noticed very recently that the act of pushing Control + Option minimizes all brave windows. What’s strange is this doesn’t happen 100% of the time, but most of the time. The shortcut in Brave to minimise all is supposed to be Control + Option + M.

I really can’t figure this out—has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

@user932493294,
Thanks for reaching out.
I’m not able to reproduce what you’re seeing. As I understand it:

Command + M — Minimizes the window of the app currently in focus
Command + Option + M — Minimizes all windows of the app currently in focus
Control + Option + H — Hides the application in focus

You may just be hitting Command + Option + M on accident sometimes, which would explain why the behavior is inconsistent. I also know that Command + Option + Click on the desktop will minimize everything but I’m not convinced that’s whats happening for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

I’m starting to think maybe it’s a BetterTouchTool issue that’s only affecting Brave. Despite not having changed anything recently, not setting up keyboard shortcuts for Brave, and not seeing any global keyboard shortcuts with just Control + Option.

I’ve posted on their forum so will see if I can dig further. It’s super strange that it only happens sporadically, only with Brave, and only overt the past weeks.

1 Like

I’ll keep this thread open for further troubleshooting — please let me know what you find out when you hear back from their support team.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.