Mac 10.15.x could not see cups printer Brother

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I can see printers in all other applications
  2. I can print from all other aplications
    3.Brave offers me only Print to PDF and does not see the printer
    Printer is installed as brother DCP-T500W and works from any other app except brave

help please

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hi there @saso232, welcome to community :slightly_smiling_face:

I would recommend that you look through Brave Help center → https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017880792-How-do-I-print-from-Brave-
Could you provide me with a screenshot or short video of your issue? The more information provided the more efficiently I can help to resolve your issue.

Best,
Salty :banana:

I have the same issue, Chrome and Safari can see a network shared printer (from a different Mac), but Brave does not see it.

WORKAROUND FIX

I had the same issue, but with Big Sur
Mac OS 11.4
Brave 1.25.72

Printer is a Xerox Phaser. I installed the printer using the specified Xerox Drivers. It didn’t show up. To confirm it wasn’t just Brave, I tried it in Chrome. Same results. The printer can be seen in CUPs and can be accessed on all other apps and browsers.

So I installed it a second time (didn’t remove the first installation). But this time NOT using the Xerox drivers. Instead, directly in the Mac Printer setup section using an IP address. This worked.

1 Like

I would suggest giving this a try @saso232
Thanks for the suggestion @iHuman

Well thank you.
Yes this of course solves somehow the issue BUT it is still a BUG and it is dirty that Brave is not fixing it knowing about it.

The printer discovery works just fine in other browsers including Safari.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.