Login to Washington Post did not work with Shields up

Description of the issue:
When clicking on a Washington Post article Facebook the your Washington Post login is blocked by Brave’s Shields Up. If you turn them off everything works fine.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. click on link to Washington Post article on Facebook such as https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/key-members-of-congress-will-get-more-complete-version-of-the-mueller-report-than-the-public-prosecutors-tell-judge/2019/04/17/bef6ebd0-615a-11e9-9412-daf3d2e67c6d_story.html?utm_term=.7507af01b068&tid=sm_fb&fbclid=IwAR0zasuZ_HZ3vvLHO8Yo-ePznXesXvgjOSfctjKq2hmdRH4fBIdHUsTC3Ag

The Washington Post will (may?) complain that it can’t find your account (I was already logged in to the Post in this browser)

The Post was able to recognize the account I was trying to login as, but could not login until I turned off Shields.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I could not login until turning off Shields. As soon as I turned them off I was logged in and then I could turn them back on.

Expected result:
I should be able to reach the site and my credentials recognized.

Reproduces how often:
Not sure.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS: 10.14.4 (18E226)
Additional Information:

Actually Washington Post does not work AT ALL with Shields up or Shields down. Note I am logged in and it is still telling me that it can’t find my account.

Totally unusable.

It may be a wp issue

You may be right. Having trouble suddenly in Safari and Chrome too. I’ve escalated to them. Will report back.

I have same issue but can get in if I turn off only ads and tracking blocker.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.