Localhost all of the sudden dead

Description of the issue:

yesterday, I accessed localhost with no issues, today, it tells me that page might be temp down - it works fine in firefox. I tried playing with settings, nothing seems to work, the only thing that works, but, very temporary, is “resetting all the settings” - after resetting all the settings, I can load the page, once, and then after that, no more, I literally need to reset all the settings again to be able to load any other page

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

just go to “localhost”, it’s not there

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://localhost/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

no errors in the console either, except for the one coming from service worker, telling me that url is not defined, which it would be, if it loaded the page

Expected result:

I expect to see my site, which works in firefox

Reproduces how often:

every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

windows 11, brave
Version 1.67.123 Chromium: 126.0.6478.126 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I tried googling, I asked chat gpt, I tried playing with the settings - the only thing that gives some sort of result, is resetting all the settings. after that page loads once, and that’s it. it’s not loading from service worker, cause I haven’t yet set any caching in service worker, cause I need to access loaclhost to see what I’m doing…

EDIT: I just checked in Chrome, it’s not working there either, but in firefox it works fine