Linux cloud Installation (In need of guidance)

Description of the issue:
Currently, I am not having an issue per say. I am having trouble replicating a write up on how to install Brave on Linux using Google Cloud. And also at this point it’s not necessarily trouble, I just want to be extremely clear on what I’m doing, as well as if it’s possible.

I am using this support write-up, https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018666072-How-do-I-install-Brave-on-Linux-using-the-terminal-
Google Cloud running Linux Debian 9, and would like to download brave using a Creator referral download link.

(EDIT):
I have followed through with most steps until configuring the source list. When doing so, I have come across this error (can be seen under actual results). I appreciate all advice and time in helping with this matter.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

I edited the list and it looked like this:
Am I editing the wrong list?

Here is the brave-browser-release- list

Expected result:

Can I use this write-up change the download link to the referral link and away I go? or am I missing something?
(EDIT): From the time I am writing, I am now using the default link.

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 (physical)
Linux Debian 9 (Google cloud instance)

Additional Information:
The only thing I can think is maybe the instructions I am using, don’t apply to Debian 9.5? I could be wrong as I am currently just a Windows normie. :frowning: (leaves room for improvement though! :slight_smile: )

You might want to have a look at the Debian instructions I posted on the Unable to install brave browser in my debian OS distro topic.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.