Killing inactive tabs

Description of the issue:
Tabs being killed after around 10 minutes of inactivity. When you go back to a tab that was inactive it reloads, meaning you lose everything you were doing.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open any website
  2. Open a new tab and a different site there
  3. Do something for 10 - 15 minutes, without going back to the first tab
  4. After 10 - 15 minutes go back to the first tab

Expected result:
Content of the first tab should be the same as you left it. What actually happens is the tab reloads.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.24.82 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
As I said, you can’t leave anything in the background which means you can’t do multiple things at the same time. Brave is literally unusable for me this way. Also looks like this is a known issue, and it’s caused by Chromium “feature” called Tab Discarding, see the following links:

Do Brave devs have any plans to somehow disable this “feature” and make Brave a usable web browser?

@alex1312,
As far as I can see we do not have any plans to remove this feature. That said, I’ve opened the following issue for the devs to review, stating that we should surface this option into general settings so that users like yourself can easily enable/disable the feature:

1 Like

I must say I’m pleasantly surprised by the fact that your dev team actually cares about user feedback. That said, let’s hope this ends up being done so that “power users” like me can use Brave as their main browser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.