Tabs Reload After Inactivity

I am having two separate issues, so I will break them into two topics.

For the past month or so, anytime I have multiple tabs open, if I click on one after having not clicked on that particular time for some length of time, the page will reload. This happens regardless of the site, and even on locally hosted web cam GUI interfaces. If I click between tabs without that [unknown] time period having passed, the pages are still there and do not try to reload.

I am running Brave Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) under Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS.

Same issue will occur in Chrome, I believe this occurs to save ram (and probably CPU usage). If Chrome/Brave keeps older tabs open, ram usage would expediently increase.

If your system either has less ram, or other applications on the system are also using ram (such as running Games, large applications etc). Then this could also cause issues. Different web browsers will act slightly differently with lower ram, and have different thresholds until it puts a older tab to sleep.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue.
It started about a month or 2 ago, on the same computer, with the same configuration.
Seems like a new behavior, but very annoying.
Especially when you fill a form in a tab, do something else, and then return to the tab which is reloading and resetting all your content.

Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

I’ve seen this behavior only with Brave and this is extremely annoying.

Up.
Hello, I’m new to brave, and as flm says this is extremely annoying.
From what i researched there used to be a flag to disable this, but i cant seem to find it.
Any solution to the problem?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.