Keyboard Media Buttons Linux Ubuntu 20.04

Hi guys, I have an issue regarding media buttons! while I am in YouTube music session or any music platform I could not use play/pause or any media button EVEN when I enabled this Experimental feature [#hardware-media-key-handling]and sat all the settings keys shortcuts directly inside setting/keyboard-shortcuts, BTW I’m running Linux Ubuntu 20.04 on Lenovo laptop and these keys are working as they should be in other browsers like Firefox and chrome !!!
Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you for reaching out. This certainly should be working. I’m wondering if you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time and whether or not disabling them makes any difference in the behavior?

Can you also confirm what version of the browser you’re using at this time?

1 Like

Thank you for your response, I’ve disabled all extensions in the browser and still not working! I’m on version 1.36.119

@EyadAlsaba,
Just to test, can you try disabling the #hardware-media-key-handling flag and see if that makes any difference in behavior?

Nope, nothing change, one thing though, I get :no_entry_sign: on the screen when I click media button!

Will have to do some more digging on this — appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Hi @Mattches any progress so far? I just want to made this comment as a reminder and so this post do not get closed due to one month policy!
I appreciate your effort on this,thanks again!

No updates yet and I do apologize for the long wait time. I have not forgotten about this and have re-pinged the team to see if we can reproduce.

Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Workaround?

Search for a flag called #temporary-unexpire-flags-m100 , enable it and relaunch the browser, then search for #hardware-media-key-handling and the flag should appear.

@Mattches Just wondering about any updates from the team? Workaround may fall by wayside in future…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.