I've been redeeming BATs to Gemini for over a year, cannot reconnect now

Briefly describe your issue:
Cannot reconnect Brave to Gemini (Canada)

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Mac OS 13.0.1; Brave v1.46.140 ARM
Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
oct 2021 I think
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
every month, yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Canada, so yes, up to a month ago it seems…

I’m so fed up with Brave’s unreliability … one day not receiving ads, another day profile is flagged on one computer (but not onto the other), another day not being able to connect to the exchange. And now, this… Only US supported, and current users … well, easy … no fork given…

I don’t want to, yet again, do another KYC at another exchange…

Well, if you want to be able to connect to a custodian, best chances for you is to make an Uphold account and complete KYC / AML on there. We don’t know when / if Gemini will be opened up to countries again.

Trust me, I know how frustrating that can be. You atleast have Uphold to connect to, I am from India and can’t connect to either lol.

Isn’t Gemini bankrupt? :thinking:

You should be able to connect your Gemini account to the same Rewards profile (if it was connected in the past), since region limitations are not retroactive. For example, I’m also not in the US, but was able to re-connect my Gemini to my existing Rewards profile two days ago.

Are you connecting it to the same Rewards profile that it was connected to in the past, or a different/separate Rewards profile?

I would have not opened that topic if I was able to connect my account to Gemini, nor would I be aware of the change…
I deposited 7 BATs last month from this very computer on Gemini.
I don’t know why it got disconnected, and now the button is greyed out.

What are my options ?

Can you send a PM to me with your brave://rewards-internals > General info and the Event Logs page? Thanks.

@chriscat what is happening is that the option for Gemini is just greyed out. No matter how many times you click it won’t take you to the Auth Page.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.