Issue Accessing Passwords in Brave Browser After Recent Updates

Hello everyone,

I’m facing a problem with the Brave browser (version 1.65.114, updated on Apr 17, 2024) on Windows 11 Pro, and I’m hoping to find some assistance here. Since the latest Windows update and subsequent restart, Brave is now requesting both username and password to access stored passwords. Previously, entering my Windows password was sufficient.

However, I am unable to log in using my username, first name only, or my full Microsoft account credentials (formatted as MicrosoftAccount\[email protected] or only mail). This issue started occurring right after the updates, and I’m locked out of retrieving my saved passwords.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

I am connected to the system via RDP remote connection. I set up the account as a local account at the time and due to a Windows update or unintentional click, it unintentionally became a Microsoft account (shows my full name in capital letters as username plus e-mail address). Username in capital letters was also tried.

Thanks in advance for your help.