Is there a flag to turn off closed tab alerts?

Description of the issue:
When I close a tab, a bar at the bottom appears telling me that the tab was closed, and remains for 30 seconds.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a new tab
  2. Close the new tab
  3. Wait 30 seconds

Expected result:
Close tab, no bar at bottom.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.58.131, Chromium 117.0.5938.92

Mobile Device details
OnePlus 9 5G

Additional Information:
The last update was bad enough, when it only lasted five seconds. I’m switching to Firefox or Kiwi Browser if it sticks around for half a minute.

EDIT:
For anyone else who hates this, you can get rid of it faster by pressing the home button and then going back to the browser. Of course, you shouldn’t HAVE to do this, but who knows how long it’ll take Brave to fix this latest issue (or if they even will).

1 Like

Completely agree. A 30-second timeout for this is ridiculous and annoying. The old 5-second Undo timeout was more than adequate to restore a tab you may have closed by mistake.

Looks like the devs have fixed this problem. Thank you so much for dealing with this so quickly. It was genuinely incredibly annoying to deal with, so I’m very grateful.

1 Like

Really? I’m not seeing any update or fix for this. Latest build on Google Play Store is 1.58.135, from 9/28.

Spoke too soon. They turned it back on with the latest update. It WAS disabled, but now it’s back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.