Is it me or Sync feature on Brave sucks

I have a new laptop that i added to my Sync chain. Being honest, Brave as a local browser is great but the sync feature is the worst I have seen on any browser I have used from Opera, Chrome, Edge, Firefox and others. The sync simply and plainly SUCKS. On my mobile phone it synced once then any change I make on my desktop computer doesnt sync at all. Thinking of switching to any other browser. Tired of dealing with this.

It wasnt a question. It was more to see if anyone else thinks this feature is not what you would expect compared to other browsers.

2 Likes

Yes, Brave Sync is sh*t and it has been for years. It seems like Brave dev team don’t bother at all

1 Like

Sync is the very reason I stopped using Brave. I can get past some of the other poor decisions they made at the beginning. However, their decision on the method of sync was just a dumb decision. It wouldn’t be so bad if it worked well, but it does not. It is far slower than Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, Firefox, etc. etc. It has a history of just not working for many and that is documented in on Github, here, Reddit, etc.

Why they decided to re-invent the wheel so much is beyond me, and I am a business owner and software architect in the cyber world. They could have made it much better than trying to introduce concepts that the normal user would not even understand in most cases. Sometimes software architects and developers over-engineer things, and that seems to be the case here. No one has sync issues quite as bad as Brave, and it will continue to hold back what could be a great browser.

Sync functions adequately in this area, although I desire for the sync settings, such as content filters, appearance, privacy, security, and other configurations, to function seamlessly.

Ideally, I should be able to establish a new chain on my desktop, adjust numerous settings, and then transfer that sync chain code to my laptop, facilitating the replication of everything. However, the current system does not support this seamless process.