Is Analytics JavaScript prohibited by default from sending data to Google Analytics?

I run a site within the crypto currency space and I suspect most of my users are on Brave and other private browsers.

Can anyone confirm that Brave traffic really does not show up in Google Analytics (GA) at all?
So far, I have not been able to find a straight forward answer to this.

• Someone suggested that traffic shows up in GA as coming in from Chrome Browser.
  • Someone suggested that implementing User ID will override private browser settings, making tracking possible.

Here’s what Google has to say about it support page:

• Website users that don’t want their data reported by Analytics can install the Analytics opt-out browser add-on, which instructs Analytics JavaScript to prohibit sending data to Analytics. This can affect data collection of Analytics technologies, including Universal Analytics and the User ID.*

Is this add-on, or equivalent function, built into Brave? I would be very grateful for a straight answer and/or elaboration.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.