IOS Mobile browser keeps freezing

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I am not sure if this is due to issues with IOS 14.8, which I recently installed on my iPhone 12. But after using the browser for maybe 10 to 15 seconds, it freezes. I have to close/restart the browser to continue. It always shows a black screen upon restart and says something to the effect that it is embarrassing to crash and ask if I need to restore the previous pages.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Browse any page, perhaps ESPN
  2. click on a link
  3. scroll down at reading pace

Expected result:
The screen will freeze and wont scroll down any more

Brave Version( check About Brave):
version 1.30.1(21.8.17.19)

Mobile Device details
iphone 12 on 14.8 ios

Additional Information:

Hi few questions to help us investigate the issue

Do you have Rewards enabled?
Do you have sync enabled?
Does the freeze happen before you see a Brave ad?

Do you have Rewards enabled? yes
Do you have sync enabled? no
Does the freeze happen before you see a Brave ad? I dont think so. I didnt notice any brave ads

1 Like

Just tried it with Rewards disabled. That seems to be the solution. thx

1 Like

I am on a 6th generation iPad running 15.0 with both rewards and sync on. Brave would freeze for 5-15 seconds after I would stop scrolling or go inactive on any page. Turning off rewards made brave usable again. Started freezing in the last few weeks. Was running iOS 14.7 (I think. Had choice to go to 14.8 or 15.0). updated to 15.0 with no improvement.

1 Like

Brave version 1.31 23

Turning off Rewards is a temporary workaround you can use to help with freezes.
We found a fix and will try to deliver it to users soon, sorry for that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.