Intermittent freezing issue with Brave on android

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Using bookmarks via the Brave widget, Brave intermittently freezes when opening a bookmark link. Brave will freeze sometimes for 5 to 10 seconds then unfreeze. It will then occasionally freeze again during the same session. Sometimes it will freeze for longer and can only be resolved by ending the process completely.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Opening bookmark link via widget and scrolling through resulting website
  2. The issue does not occur consistently
  3. Issue does not occur with other chromium browsers

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.16.70 Chromium 86.0.4140.111

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

Additional Information:
Lineage OS 17.1

@Supremocoffee,
Is this for any bookmarked site you’re accessing through the widget or is it one (or a few) specific sites?

1 Like

Hi Mattches,

It mostly occurs on news sites. A couple are below:
newshub.co.nz
news.com.au

@Supremocoffee,
Can you test and see if other bookmarked sites open with the same issue? Or, you can test by adding this site (community.brave.com) as a bookmark, opening it and noting whether or not you get the same behavior.

1 Like

So I have tried to get the issue to occur by browsing community.brave for 5 to 10min but the issue did not occur again. I saved the bookmark, browsed several posts, closed the app, restarted device, repeated the process by opening community.brave from the bookmark widget and so far no freeze on this site. 5 mins prior I was browsing newshub.co.nz and it did freeze so could this simply be site related?

@Supremocoffee,
It very well may be. I would test against a few other sites – can make them easy/common ones like wikipedia.com, brave.com, wired.com (for example) and test the results. If none of those sites exhibit that behavior then it’s very likely specific to that site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.