I'm unable to withdraw my BAT tokens from Brave wallet

Briefly describe your issue:

**What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?**Android 12, Brave 1.45

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) yes

**What date did you verify your wallet?**November 11 2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? no

**Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)**no

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

**Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?**maybe

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? Yes

@Ravinder1 I’m going to need to ask you to be more specific on what you’re trying to do. For example, you mean Rewards and not Wallet, right? Brave Wallet (which you mentioned in the title for this topic) is completely different from Brave Rewards.

The other thing to figure out is what you’re doing. You have it listed in your answers that you verified on November 11. Here in the United States, it’s November 10 at the moment, so I’m guessing you’re telling me you just verified. If you did verify, then your BAT would have transferred. Or are you saying that you tried to verify and you couldn’t?

If you did get your device verified, which which custodial partner did you use? And again, what do you mean by “unable to withdraw my BAT?” Also, which country are you in?

Hi @Saoiray Thanks for your response!

Basically I’m trying to link my brave wallet with Uphold to move my BAT. However, I’m getting this error. (Please check the screenshot)

I’m from India and yes it’s November 11 here. Please help me this sorted. Thank you in advance

Ok, so that makes sense. Right now, India is not supported for adding new connections. It’s not just India but it’s many countries around the world that are restricted while Brave works with Gemini and Uphold to update their systems and improve fraud prevention (among other things).

What this means for you is that you’ll not be able to link your device to a custodial partner and thus won’t be able to withdraw the BAT at this time. You will still be able to see ads and earn BAT, but they will be “stuck” in your phone for the moment.

Brave is hoping to add most workable regions back by the end of the year, but there’s no guarantee they’ll make it. That’s just the goal. You can follow the official notice at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469 to see which countries are supported . Also, I have my own topic where I provide updates at least once a week for everyone. If you’d like to follow that, you can see it at PSA: Unsupported Region

Thanks for the swift response. Followed your topic just in case. Hope they will add support to India soon. Have a great day ahead mate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.