I stil don't understand

I dont understand when i want to install a Theme it gos over to Chrome WebStore … and using Themes from Chrome Web Store is just telling me a big buzz word is GOOGLE. and installing a Theme from Google means its a free way in.

For in the Settings it says Brave store… but in fact in google Store

1 Like

Hi @twink,
Apologies for the confusion.

Themes and extensions support is now available via CWS. Brave own store is in the plan.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

but why Google web store… we ran away from Google and anything had to do with them, and they u made it so people can use CWS thats not cool

1 Like

aha! i know it :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

@twink,

Actually, Brave now support most extensions that are compatible with chromium. Installing from CWS is only method to get them for now. Like I said prev., Brave own store is in the plan.

I’m not sure if it’s also support installation from other stores (like Opera, etc).

Also, will cc @Mattches, regarding your “concern”. I’m pretty sure he’s addressed similar question before. But I’m unable to find the answer.

The key word here is “can”. You can use the Chrome Web Store to get brave extensions, but you don’t have to, and if you don’t, Brave isn’t going to connect to the Chrome Web Store at all. You can also browse to google.com to search, but you don’t have to.

The point is: Brave lets you decide for yourself.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.