I can no longer access or install themes from Chrome Store

I don’t know if there’s an extension installed on my Brave Browser that is preventing that operation, or if Brave has made some some changes and this ability to pick Chrome store themes is no longer supported.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Description of the issue:
Chrome Store theme pages are not even displaying the image of the theme on Brave Browser. And no green button that says “Install on Brave”.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Go to Chrome Store, search for any theme, and see if the pages display properly or if the images are missing.

Expected result:
I expect to see Chrome Store’s themes displaying as normal – meaning, as they display on Chrome Browser.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
Just trying to see if it’s only happening on my Brave Browser, and others are able to see and download Chrome Store themes onto Brave no problem.
If so, recommendations?

I figured it out. Javascript had been turned off in Brave, but Chrome Store requires Javascript. I enabled it, picked a theme, installed it just fine… And I’d forgotten, it’s a blue button “Install on Brave”. I think it’s green for Opera browser.
But still a question: should I now turn Javascript off or leave it on? Because I’d been wondering for a long while why Google’s search results display in such a weird boxy way… but when i enabled javascript, search results looked exactly as they do on Chrome.

Also in Brave settings is “Block scripts?” – I wasn’t sure if they related to javascript as well, and I turned it off. My guess is i need to turn that back on.

This is a setting to block JavaScript. The default is disabled (JavaScript allowed) as many websites require JS to run properly. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001053072-Shields

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.